DECICED TO GO UNDERGO WATER BAPTISM
My name is Julia. I’ve been attending ICF Makati since late last year. And since I attended ICF Makati, I got motivated to learn more about the word of God. This year I decided to undergo Catechism. I’ve realized how much God loves us that even if we are sinners he still bless us with everything we need.
The three reason why I decided to go undergo water baptism:
- First is Obedience
- In Matthew 3:15, “But Jesus said, “It should be done, for we must carry out all that God requires.” So John agreed to baptize him.
- Matthew 28:19 “Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.” Being obedient means following God like our Lord Jesus Christ, although He is the Son of God, He underwent water baptism. And later, He gave us the great commission.
- Second is Symbolism
- Matthew 3:11, “I baptize with water those who repent of their sins and turn to God. But someone is coming soon who is greater than I am—so much greater that I’m not worthy even to be his slave and carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.”
- Romans 6:4, “For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.”
- Lastly, is the Response to God’s Call
- I Peter 3:21 “And that water is a picture of baptism, which now saves you, not by removing dirt from your body, but as a response to God from a clean conscience. It is effective because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”
I confess in front of you that my only Lord and Savior is the Lord Jesus Christ who died for my sins. I decided to turn from my sins like, using bad words as expression, being envious at times, arguing with my mom when we disagree with some things. And live to the promise of God’s eternal Life. I would like to recognize the presence of Mama, thank you for being here today to support me through this journey. To God be all the glory!